About Learning from the Land
Learning from the Land is a Colorado State University-based research project with sites in northwestern Colorado, and one project site in Wyoming.
This research project uses rangeland monitoring data, local knowledge, stakeholder input, and literature to build state-and-transition models for project areas. The project started in 2013, and is wrapping up in 2016.
Topics covered in the research are:
- Landscape change and potential in Moffat County
- Songbird and sage-grouse use of habitats in northwestern Colorado
- Studies on aspen decline in western Colorado
- Insects in sage-grouse habitat
- Success of re-seeding after white-top treatment
- Resources for engaging stakeholders in research processes
For more about this project, go to https://warnercnr.colostate.edu/frs/learning-from-land/, or contact Retta Bruegger at 970-988-0034.