Visit our Colorado State Extension office for more news, tools and resources.

Close Icon
Promoting working landscapes and healthy rangelands through outreach and education.

Information for ranchers, land managers, educators, recreationalists, and others on rangelands and rangeland management.

Rangeland Soil Carbon

There is a lot of interest in rangeland soil carbon. Get the facts and nuances with a discussion we recorded among ranchers, top rangeland soil scientists, the NRCS and Extension.

Watch the recording 

Increasing the chance of seeding success

Dryland seeding has a high rate of failure, which makes restoration difficult. We are testing strategies to increase soil-moisture retention and ideally restoration success.

Learn more 

Drought Leadership Training

We can’t control drought. But we can change how it impacts our agricultural operations. Watch the webinars to learn more on using forecasts in drought planning, risk management in drought, and more.

Watch the webinars 

COVID-19 Impact

CSU Extension is closely monitoring and following COVID-19 (Coronavirus) guidance as outlined by public health experts. See the Contact Us page to reach out or click the link below for COVID-19 Resources. Thank you.